CHECKING OUT SOME SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES

Posted by antherdaywsted | 7:24 PM | 0 comments »

I'm a member at a couple of social networking sites, such as:
Xanga, Myspace, Facebook, Hi5, Flikr, Youtube, Twitter. Each one of the sites offers a unique experience and service.

Xanga- is the first social networking site that i joined when i was in high school. It was pretty much an online diary where we used to write about what we did in our day, our thoughts, experiences or anything that we wanted to express. It was user-friendly and allowed the users to customize their pages. Not a lot of advertisements.

Myspace - I joined Myspace because its music section was really broad and offered lots of different artists from around the world. As time went on, more friends started to join Myspace and my network of friends started to grow. Xanga became a thing of the past since Myspace also offered a blog section. Myspace has more advertisments than any other social networking sites. Currently, I dont use Myspace as much as i did a couple of years ago.

Facebook- the change from Myspace to Facebook was radical. I joined Facebook during my first semester at college. During that time, Facebook allowed only college students to join. It was a totatly different experience. It has a much cleaner interface and advertisements became more requent in the recent years. One of the features that as made facebook popular i think its the status feature. I guess people like to share what they are doing at each moment.

Hi5- is very popular, especially outside the U.S. I have family and friends in Ecuador, Chile, Argentina and Hi5 helps us stay in touch. Hi5 is unique in a way that is not as well build as myspace and facebook. The "Find friends" feature is not as accurate as other networking sites.

Flikr- i became a Flikr user when i joined the Photography club. It's one of my favorite sites. the design and interface is clean and easy to use. Since its mainly for photographs and videos the site as an artisitc feel. It is also a great place to look for different type of images.

Youtube- can also be considered a networking site. Although one can find anything in Youtube, Users create their own videos and there many filmaker students that upload their works. It is also a great place to find talented artists such as singers, guitar players etc..

Twitter- I belive is the most organized and simplest of all the other networking sites. I consider myself a new user and its basically like the status feature that facebook offers. Currently a few of my friends are in Twitter. I guess eventually when more of my friends join, i'll be a more frequent user of Twitter.

0 comments

Post a Comment